Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for an Income Analyst / Senior Manager, Income Tracking Systems to join the Group Income Tracking team based in our Paddington office. BMG’s Income Tracking team are the company’s ‘royalty detectives’ hunting down monies which are due to our clients with a combination of attention to detail, endless tenacity and insight. The successful candidate will be highly committed, pro-active and detail-loving professional and keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
This role is responsible for the development of income tracking systems and forecasting tools, ensuring that income due to BMG’s clients for use of their songs in film or TV gets paid timely and accurately.
You will be responsible for…
- Project leading for the development of income tracking systems
- Maintaining and improving BMG’s existing tracking system solutions
- Developing new prototypes for tracking systems and lead implementation and scaling of new systems (in cooperation with IT)
- Developing and implementing revenue forecasting tools and dashboard reporting
- Analysing, streamlining and reporting on different revenue streams
The ‘Must haves’
- At least 2 years of experience in the music industry (publishing or recording)
- Knowledgeable around databases and SQL coding
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong capability to work across different territories and cultures
The ‘Nice to haves’
- Experience with Royalties or System Development/ Support
- First hand experience in project management, ideally for IT projects
- Experiences in BI software and python
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment