An exciting Opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
- We are looking for a HR Manager to join our Human Resources team in our Paddington office on a FTC ending in September 2019.
- HR plays an integral role in supporting management and our teams to deliver BMG’s strategy.
- This role will be responsible for assisting with the management of overall HR operations and providing general HR advice and support to line managers with all HR-related activities. The successful candidate will be an ambassador for the core values of the business and will provide world class service to all stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Contributing to the development of the wider HR strategy and working to ensure a cohesive and coordinated HR service across the business
- Providing professional HR advice and guidance to employees
- Coaching line managers to understand and effectively implement HR policies, procedures and initiatives
- Managing employee relations topics including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, sickness absence etc
- Developing and delivering internal training courses
- Supporting the HR Intern to create appropriate letters confirming changes to employee terms and conditions
The ‘Must haves’
- Minimum of 3 years HR generalist experience
- Degree and CIPD Qualified (or relevant equivalent professional/ vocational qualifications)
- Strong employment law/ employee relations knowledge
- Fair transparent and focused on providing world class service
- Passionate about making a difference with the desire to have a real impact and make positive changes
- Strong people skills, able to build rapport quickly across all business groups and levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Confident in delivering presentations and chairing meetings
- A love for music!
The ‘Nice to haves’
- Previous experience working in the music industry
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Passionate about music and want to join the fastest growing music company? If this opportunity sounds like music to your ears, click ‘Apply now!’
BMG is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.