A New Music Company for Mexico
BMG is opening a new Latin America hub in Mexico and we’re looking to build our team. As the first new international music company of the streaming age, we do things a little differently – putting the interests of artists and songwriters at the heart of all we do.
Representing the work of music legends including Tina Turner, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Mötley Crüe, Roger Waters, Bryan Adams and Carlos Santana as well as DJ Khaled, Juice WRLD and thousands of others, we aim to offer the most modern, efficient, fair and transparent service to artists and songwriters.
We are seeking:
General Manager, Mexico
Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for setting up BMG Mexico’s operation and HUB for Latin America. You will develop local talents and acquire catalogues in publishing and recorded while interacting with BMGs global artist and writers network and colleagues.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Building the Mexico business within BMG’s global framework
- Building the domestic artist roster across Publishing & Recorded Music
- Overseeing and managing local Catalogue Acquisitions
- Building strong relationships with artist managers, artists, and partners for BMG Mexico
- Summarizing recommended actions for superiors
- Recognizing new trends in the media world and adapting them for our business
- Building a forward-thinking local music team structure within an international matrix structure
- Overseeing process and creative/business decisions for BMG Mexico
- Attending and supporting live shows, creative actions, and scouting
- You have already gained relevant experience in a similar role in the music, entertainment, and/or media industry and have a strong understanding of the music value chain as well as in-depth knowledge of the music business and relevant/popular artists in the Latin American market.
- As a strong communicator, you understand how to work with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborating with international teams is an important part of your work. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and strive to create a respectful, collegial work environment to maximise success.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in business building as well as putting together and building a new division/department. You enjoy juggling a high volume of tasks and setting priorities
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral).
- A degree in business, music, media or related including professional experience in the music business is a plus, but not essential.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Come As You Are.
As Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
**Please note, we request that applications are submitted in English. Applications submitted in any other language will not be considered.**