Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our Finance team in our Sydney office!
BMG Australia is a 2021 AFR Most Innovative Media and Marketing award winner. BMG Australia’s local roster includes Peking Duk, Alison Wonderland, Dune Rats, Julia Stone, Client Liaison, Dope Lemon, Ladyhawke Chet Faker, Winston Surfshirt, Hockey Dad, SAFIA, Tim Minchin, What So Not and many more.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant’s day to day responsibilities will include month end processing, forecasting, budgeting, management reporting, tax and audit compliance and supporting the wider finance team.
- Preparation of monthly journals and accruals
- Completion of monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Completion of month-end and year-end accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly reporting packs for internal stakeholders
- Responsible for accounts receivable process
- Assist with annual audits and tax compliance
- Assist with SAP and finance projects
- Support Senior Finance Manager and Senior Finance Director with any other projects
- Bachelor in Accounting / Finance or equivalent. Achievement of or studying towards professional qualifications (CA or CPA) will be highly regarded
- Commercial accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills
- A continuous improvement mindsed
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Proficient Excel skills are a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese is a plus
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.