An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for preparing and analysing month end results of the Music Publishing and Production Music business, including review and investigation of variances to budget. The successful candidate will be business partnering with stakeholders across the UK business and providing accurate management information.
This exciting opening is a 14 Month contract covering Maternity Leave and will be based in our Paddington office.
- Preparing month end results
- Reviewing and investigating variances to budget
- Regularly reviewing business results
- Continuously seeking ways to improve and provide better analysis of the business
- Monitoring and identifying risks and opportunities
- Producing and reviewing monthly board pack slides
- Regular reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
- Providing ad hoc analysis and project work
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and reforecasts
- Supporting the Finance Team during the year end process
- Providing analysis for external auditors
- Previous experience in an FP&A role in Music Publishing
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Passion for music, of course!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2.5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach.
BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds.