We are hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our busy Finance team here in our Paddington office!
Your Mission at BMG.
You will provide support to the Finance Managers and be responsible for recording revenue and cost of sales of the business and support monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Processing cash match entries for all companies within the UK group – Royalty system
- Working on Withholding Tax applications and updating WHT portal
- Bank Reconciliations
- Liaising and working closely with Masters and Publishing Royalties Team
- Helping on the royalty reconciliation process
- Continually simplifying and improving processes
- Processing receipts through FEBA (bank) on SAP
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns, CT61 Returns and other HMRC returns
- Monthly revenue and cost of sales bookings
- Preparing monthly P&L for our production music catalogue.
- Producing appropriate reports on a periodic basis
- Journal entry and reconciliations
- Internal and External audit queries, stats and ad hoc.
- Assisting the Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager and other stakeholders, where required.
- Experienced in a mid-sized accounts department
- Ability to manage work for a large number of legal entities
- Strong analytical and organisational skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Team Player
- Ability to challenge
- Ability to interpret solutions, anticipate problems and to proactively resolve issues on a day to day basis
- Confident with Excel
- An interest in own personal development and willing to develop through appropriate CPD opportunities
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Previous experience within music or media industries
- Advanced Excel skills
- ACCA/AAT/CIMA or equivalent qualification
- SAP experience
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (Currently virtual!)
- Flexible working opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.