BMG is looking for a highly organised and methodical Finance Assistant to join its Publishing Finance team.
You are a highly committed team player with excellent accuracy and attention to detail, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
Reporting to the Finance Assistant Supervisor, the Finance Assistant will be self-motivated and enjoy working in a pressured environment. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, ideally within the music/media industries. The role will include:
- Processing cash match entries for all companies within the UK group
- Working on Withholding Tax applications and updating WHT portal
- Bank Reconciliations
- Liaising and working closely with the Royalties (Publishing) team
- Helping on the royalty reconciliation process
- Continually simplifying and improving processes
- Processing receipts through FEBA on SAP
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns and other HMRC returns
- Monthly revenue and cost of sales bookings
- Preparing monthly P&L for our production music catalogue.
- Producing appropriate reports on a periodic basis
- Journal entry and reconciliations
- Assisting the Finance Assistant Supervisor, Senior Finance Manager and other stakeholders, where required.
- Ad hoc responsibilities as and when required.
- Ability to interpret solutions, anticipate problems and to pro-actively resolve issues on a day to day basis
- Degree educated, accountancy qualification would be desirable
- Strong analytical and organisational skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Team Player
- Ability to challenge
- SAP/Excel skills essential, with advanced Excel desirable