Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join the International Finance (Recordings) team in our London office! This will be a 9-month Fixed Term Contract to cover a paternal leave.
Our recordings hub manages the financial and management reporting for the global recording business for revenues and costs and provides key business support.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG.
You will be responsible for supporting all activities in the International Finance Recordings Hub.
- SAP support – Journal posting and preparation
- Assisting with preparation of Balance Sheet Recs
- Month-end file roll forward
- Supporting with IC matrices; revenue & cost analysis, Quarterly Intercompany matrix, Monthly Cost recharges, Quarterly PPI (all to be turned around in tight bottleneck time periods and require manual analysis/processing)
- Reviewing of general ledger codes, looking for posting errors (including mid-month reviews)
- Ad-hoc data queries and wider support to the team as required
- Supporting with Business Warehouse report preparation and review
- Support mapping table review for new projects and missing codes
- Relevant experience working in a similar finance position
- Part qualified accounting qualification
- Proficient in Excel (intermediate level)
- High degree of attention to detail
- A love for music!
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Music Industry
- SAP experience
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment!
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.