We are looking for a Director (f/m/d) YouTube Business Development to join our Berlin office.
Your Mission at BMG
Within this role you will play a key part in delivering our global YouTube strategy across recorded and publishing, leading all business development initiatives and be the internal and external representative. You will become the internal expert of the platform, fostering and coordinating within BMG, especially with our internal YouTube team and Senior Digital Management team.
In this position, you will be the global point of contact for all internal and external YouTube subjects. Your primary tasks will include the followings:
- Manage and develop the commercial relationship with YouTube across our publishing and recorded licensing agreements.
- Identify, assess, initiate and measure business development and strategic opportunities with YouTube.
- Foster and co-ordinate all initiatives across related departments, especially with our channel management and digital management teams.
- Monitor the success of the account and impact of business development initiatives.
- Define and setup KPI’s with our Insights and Analytics team, report performance to senior management.
- Maximise opportunities from Bertelsmann relationships with Google.
- Manage and develop all activities covered by 3rd party providers across CMS optimization and YouTube partner sales.
- Inform and support the commercial licensing team during the negotiation process and represent all internal department requirements.
- Manage and guide our global YouTube teams from a strategic and expertise perspectives.
- You have successfully completed a professional education in the fields of business, marketing, music or creative industries and have gained work experience in one of the following areas: music platforms, recorded music, artist management, digital marketing or a similar area.
- Ideally, you have previous experience working in a similar position across YouTube, business development and/or key account management.
- You bring an exceptional understanding of the complexity and scope of the digital recorded and publishing music business, especially for YouTube or other UGC platforms.
- You can initiate and manage projects with a focus on driving business.
- You are a fast learner, flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
- Great interpersonal and communication competencies characterize you.
- You have successfully lead and develop effective teams in the past.
- You are comfortable using all MS Office tools.
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus.
- A strong analytical mindset complete your profile.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values.
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible.
- Benefits like an office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, Work from Home regulations and many more.
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University.
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters.
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.