As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Your Mission at BMG.
Your primary mission is serving as a digital project manager between all BBRMG/BMG Departments and a liaison with artist management for anything related to digital delivery. You are the data information center, constantly providing BBRMG Promo staff with stories to sell our artist. A cross-functional team member, working closely with A&R, Marketing Publicity & Creative to execute digital music delivery and music video premieres. A forward thinker, with a creative mind and the ability to manage over anywhere from 15-20 active projects, concurrently.
- You have familiarity with a variety of music genres and digital audio file formats.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Develop digital marketing campaigns
- Schedule all digital & physical releases, gather audio assets for ingestion
- Participate in weekly production meeting to ensure all music is properly delivered and all assets are turned in
- Update & distribute internal and external (Soundscan/Billboard) research
- Create a variety of music playlists and samplers
- Create digital asset toolkits for all album, EP & single releases
- Participate in bi-weekly calls with all streaming partners to pitch our upcoming releases and brainstorm overall marketing plans
- Attend and actively participate in meetings, brainstorm sessions, and conference calls with the marketing team
- Manage content premieres, secured by publicity, to ensure maximum exposure worldwide. Provide audio/video assets and oversee the implementation
- Schedule sales promotions with different digital retailers
- Experience in digital marketing & data analysis (around 2 years+)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Business, Marketing, Business, or another related field preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite Facebook Ads
- Manager, WordPress (or similar website back-end development).
- YouTube Music & YouTube Music Right Management certifications
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com