BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
To support and expedite the detection and recovery of missing revenue streams across income types, sources and territories
To work closely with BMG’s Tracking teams worldwide and other departments (e.g. Finance, Creative, Royalty) regarding revenue collection & earning projection
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to streamline processes. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You have strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- You hold yourself and others accountable.
- You are able to work independently and as a part of a team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- US PRO distribution analysis (radio, TV, commercial/ad and live performance income)
- Review ww earnings of US clients, detect variances vs 3rd party data and recover missing income with income sources or via BMG’s affiliate network
- Analytical support for the US Income Tracking and Finance teams
- Support and guide the caliming process in various Tracking areas
- KPI reporting
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- At least 4 years experience in music publishing and or recorded music, with 1-2 years in Income Tracking or Royalty Audit
- Background in royalty analysis or processing and ideally some experience in roles with finance and operations crossover
- Knowledge of recovering/claiming income for all major income types
- Highly organized and ambitious team player who’s up for a challenge
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiar with database/BI software (Tableau, Power BI, Python and R)
- Understanding of Counterpoint/Vistex products (iMaestro, Music Maestro, RecordMaestro) would be helpful
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music