We are looking for an Income Tracking & Analytics Director to join our Royalties & Income Tracking UK team in our London office!
Your Mission at BMG.
You’ll be responsible for leading income tracking activities for UK and our Sub publishing territories, ensuring complete royalty collections across all usage types from radio/TV and mechanical to streaming. You will be overseeing Publishing as well as for Recorded music rights and Neighbouring rights.
- Ensure correct and complete distributions by PROs and CMOs, identifying gaps in royalty statements or usage reports and providing claims of missing or underreported usages, using monitor data from various suppliers
- Support internal departments with data, forecasts and insights
- Spearhead the development of tools to automate and scale claims as much as possible
- You are a strong communicator and can service the needs of our songwriters and artists as well as internal stakeholders such as Finance, Investments and A&R departments
- Directly liaise with collective rights management organizations (e.g. PRS, PPL), data suppliers and participate in industry groups and publishing association meetings
- Managerial responsibility for junior team members, tracking experts.
- Collaborate with international colleagues from various departments to ensure a global strategy
- You have worked in senior & team leader capacity with a track-record of managing workflows & development of technical tracking solutions
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
- You have an ability to develop and maintain inter-personal relationships with key people and are a strong communicator with versatility to influence in different situations
- “The devil is in the detail” is not just a phrase for you but you actually apply this as a motto by cross-validating your results, questioning their plausibility and being persistent on getting the right answers from the relevant business expert
- You are highly analytical, a strategic thinker and problem solver
- You have basic SQL skills or at least a great motivation and ability to understand new technology and make best use of technical capabilities
- You have a desire to learn new tools to help analysis data in a more efficient way
- You have experience in leading, inspiring and developing a team, are able to delegate and work hands-on at the same time
- You have an interest & passion for music and the development of the music market
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Flexible working opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.