Founded in 2008, BMG has become the fourth-largest music publisher worldwide. Our success and competitive edge are rooted in our founding values of fairness, transparency, and service. Our mission is clear: to empower artists and songwriters to maximize the potential of their songs and recordings in the digital era.
We are seeking a Director (f/m/d) Revenue Assurance to join our Berlin office and lead our local income tracking activities.
BMG ensures to collect 100% of revenues for its clients in order to secure the maximum earnings on their behalf. Our Revenue Assurance Team is responsible for securing income for our clients from all revenue streams across publishing, recorded, production music and synch rights. The team has the approach to actively research and monitor all possible revenue streams and to resolve any detected gaps.
- Be the first point of contact for societies regarding collections
- Ensure correct and complete distributions by income sources
- Retrieve missing revenue through forensic analysis of income statements and user reports
- Participate in industry and working groups
- Proactively review key client accounts in detail and contribute to internal audits
- Collaborate with the global team in the development of tools and processes
- Ensure close cooperation with Copyright and Royalty Teams, the Global Revenue Assurance Team and A&R
- Managerial responsibility for team members
- Previous experience in the Music or Media industry in a similar role
- Proven track record in leading teams, also remote
- Familiarity working with collection societies as well as tracking methodology
- Ability to run analytics and derive insights from data
- Basic knowledge of SQL and proficiency in Business Intelligence tools
- Fluent in English, with basic German skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to easily build collaborating networks and influence others
- Comfortable working in a process-oriented manner and used to overcoming barriers
- Great enthusiasm to support your team in solving problems and coping with transitional stages in a positive way
- Creative thinking and a commercial approach
What We Offer
- Benefits like Work from Home regulations, a Headspace membership, discounts for Bertelsmann employees and many more
- Ongoing training opportunities on our internal platforms BMG Campus and Bertelsmann University
- Long-term career opportunities for all employees
- A collaborative work environment with an open, appreciative community of people who all share the same passion for working with artists and songwriters
- Our unique corporate culture based on strong values and mutual support that make us a great team
This Is Us
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees. We value diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness, and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are!
Whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out, we welcome you to join our team.
All applicants to BMG are treated equally – regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, ethnic origin, color, nationality, religion or belief.
(BMG is publishing Kurt Cobain’s catalog, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are.’)
Company: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT GmbH – Corporate
Postal Code: 10117
Job ID: 262138
Date: Jul 12, 2023
Location: Berlin, BE, DE, 10117