Founded in 2008, BMG has become the fourth-largest music publisher worldwide. Our success and competitive edge are rooted in our founding values of fairness, transparency, and service. Our mission is clear: to empower artists and songwriters to maximize the potential of their songs and recordings in the digital era.
Join our dynamic Business Development team in Berlin as an experienced Director (f/m/d) of Digital Business Development for Amazon Music. In this role, you will serve as the internal and external representative for the Amazon Music global key account. You’ll foster strategic partnerships with the platform, drive business growth through leading all related initiatives across BMG’s recorded and publishing licensing, and be the expert on product features and monetization opportunities, collaborating with our global Amazon Music team and senior digital management.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Amazon Music key account, build strong relationships with platform representatives, and negotiate favorable terms and conditions that align with BMG’s business objectives.
- Drive revenue growth by optimizing monetization strategies for the Amazon Music key account.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the platform and the wider digital music sector. Provide insights and recommendations on competing platforms and industry developments.
- Utilize data analytics and reporting tools to track performance metrics, monitor account health, and identify growth opportunities.
- Define and setup KPI’s, generate regular reports on key account performance and report performance to senior management.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and provide guidance to ensure alignment of goals and successful implementation of partnership initiatives.
- Extensive experience in business development or key account management within the music, technology, or content industry, preferably with a focus on digital platforms and streaming services.
- Strong understanding of the digital music landscape, including streaming platforms, digital distribution, licensing, and revenue models for social media, AR/VR, gaming, and ad-supported media.
- Proven track record in managing key accounts and building strong relationships with digital platforms, streaming services, and industry partners.
- Familiarity with current trends and challenges in the music industry.
- Ability to drive mutually beneficial agreements with strategic partners.
- Degree in business, analytics, product, music, or creative industries.
- Fluent in English, with German skills being a plus.
- Results-oriented, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, capable of identifying market opportunities and effective business development strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fostering strong relationships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding team player, with a proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin and flexible options for remote work.
- Numerous benefits such as a free BVG job ticket, an annual Headspace membership, a reduced-price membership for Urban Sports, discounts for Bertelsmann employees etc.
- Ongoing training opportunities on our internal platforms BMG Campus and Bertelsmann University.
- Long-term career opportunities for all employees.
- A collaborative work environment with an open, appreciative community of people who all share the same passion for working with artists and songwriters.
- Our unique corporate culture based on strong values and mutual support that make us a great team.
This Is Us
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees. We value diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness, and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
If you’re good at what you do, come as you are! Whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out, we welcome you to join our team.
All applicants to BMG are treated equally – regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, ethnic origin, color, nationality, religion, or belief.
(BMG is publishing Kurt Cobain’s catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are.’)
Unternehmen: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT Europe GmbH
Job ID: 261042
Date: 9 Jun 2023
Location: Berlin, BE, DE, 10117