BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG Recorded Music is a modern and global industry leader successfully investing in a number of today’s top new and established artists across multiple genres. We strive to CREATE high value creation for our artists in an extremely competitive environment that sets BMG apart from other market players.
In line with our unique and focused approach to artist marketing, we are looking for a passionate and highly qualified individual to lead our digital marketing efforts with the goal to drive streaming, downloads, physical, and other non-traditional sources of income for BMG artists.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the digital marketing dept by planning and fully executing comprehensive and innovative campaigns across key digital platforms to drive revenue on artist releases.
- Create and develop digital marketing timelines and campaigns around artist releases including singles, albums, and music videos.
- Set goals, define strategy, execute accordingly, and manage the digital marketing team to be held accountable for all campaign efforts.
- Cultivate and foster strategic partnerships with major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, etc…)
- Possess The ability to lead, develop, and support junior members of the digital marketing team to ensure campaign goals are met.
- Work closely with the creative content team making The Most effective use of Key digital assets.
- Budget, activate, and manage online advertising campaigns.
- Build and develop promotional opportunities across artist and 3rd party social platforms to optimize fan engagement.
- Develop direct relationships and communication channels with artists and management teams to fully optimize marketing campaigns.
- Understand the streaming landscape and how creative digital marketing efforts can effectively support and drive streaming initiatives.
- Analyze digital marketing campaigns across social and other online platforms, to the Internal BMG marketing/promotion/Executive teams, and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth with measurables.
- Build and organize calendar system to meet deadlines for social posts around single, album launch, video premieres, etc…
- 5+ Years at a record label, artist management firm, or 3rd party company in digital marketing with strong managerial experience leading a team.
- Candidates should demonstrate passion, creativity, leadership, a high organizational skill set, great communication skills, problem solving ability, and also able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment with a high volume of releases.
- Strong existing relationships at key digital platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Giphy, Shazam, Musical.ly, Tumblr, etc..)
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and experience in strategizing anD executing comprehensive digital marketing campaigns, as well as pitch proposals for prospective artist signings. (Please be prepared to discuss past campaigns/examples you have worked on in previous position)
- You have an in-depth understanding of today’s music streaming landscape and have a clear understanding how it intersects with social media and other forms of digital marketing with the goal of driving revenue for our artists.
- You have a high level of knowledge of all social platforms and current best practices for social media marketing.
- Encompass a high level of knowledge of the leading digital advertising platforms and the various ad units available. You know how to create, track, and analyze the performance of a campaign.
- Previous Experience in influencer marketing. Pre-existing relationships in this area are a plus.
- You have a strong passion for new technology and keeping up with the latest digital trends with the goal of finding new ways to market music and connect artists with their fans.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets for the department
- Demonstrate that you have the ability to build, lead, motivate, and inspire your team.
- What’s In It For You
Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music