As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Director, Digital Marketing BBR
Your Mission at BMG
Your primary mission is to lead digital marketing for BBR Music Group – BMG’s Country Music arm. You will provide the connection points to social media, digital advertising, consumer data collection and online activations for artist and label campaigns. You will work as part of the BBR teams, as well as the global digital team, that aligns closely with colleagues in digital sales, streaming and YouTube.
- You have senior experience in digital marketing and team management, preferably in the music industry
- You have great connections and relationships with Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Google and other key partners and are able to grow and maintain those relationships for BMG
- You are cutting edge and stay up to date with the latest trends and tech and constantly think about ways to apply them to the business
- You have experience managing social media campaigns and booking online advertising with Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and others
- You operate strategically on a business level
- You are a confident and creative thinker able to easily manage projects with tier one artists and artist management companies
- Strong presentation skills
- You are practical, organized and capable of managing a number of different teams in different locations and keep tabs on a number of different projects
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing and developing a digital marketing infrastructure
- Implementing systems, strategies and synergies for digital marketing
- Looking for cost-savings and efficiencies
- Being the foremost authority on social media, digital advertising and digital activations
- Building and maintaining key relationships for BMG’s platform partners for digital marketing i.e Facebook, TikTok, Google, Twitter, etc
- Finding and developing high-level opportunities that can be applied to campaigns and projects
- Digital strategy on priority projects and campaigns
- Implementing lean management techniques where possible
- Representing BBR digital marketing internally to teams and externally to clients and partners
- Presenting best practices and new ideas
- Be a proactive and collaborative part of the digital team
- Significant experience in digital marketing, preferably in the music industry.
- Experience managing a team
- Strong and confident presentation skills
- Technical understanding of social media platforms, inc Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Triller, etc.
- Technical understanding of digital advertising, inc skills with Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, knowledge of retargeting and tracking.
- Technical understanding of regulations around data collection, competitions, etc
- Practical experience with digital music tools inc smart-linking (e.g Linkfire), analytics (e.g Chartmetric, Crowdtangle), charting (Nielson)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Respectful, honest and confident communication skills, happy to work within a team and manage others.
- Passion for, and a knowledge of, the music industry including being well versed in a variety of genres and up to date on music industry status quo.
It’s a plus if you have a Bachelor’s Degree preferably but not restricted to the following areas: music/creative/media/communication industries
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible Time Off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com