An ethical conduct, respectful treatment of resources and responsibility towards our clients are part of our entrepreneurial self-concept. In order to further shape our processes as well as our corporate culture, we are looking for a Director (f/m/d) Corporate Responsibility with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Sustainability.
As an expert for Corporate Responsibility it is your primary goal to make maximum use of our existing potential and ensure a holistic global integration of DE&I. Enhancing a fair and sustainable working environment is another integral part of your conduct. Being familiar with global, transnational structures, you enjoy inspiring and persuading other people. You present the success of your work in measurable results.
- The multinational and diverse reality of our employees as well as our clients and artists constitute an integral part of our business development. You approach DE&I holistically and create measures and concepts in accordance with our corporate strategy.
- To guarantee a sustainable change, you focus on DE&I and fair working conditions. Hence, you develop customized solutions that drive the success of our corporation and create strong messages that mobilize and inspire our stakeholders.
- Ideally, environmental awareness plays an important role in your life so you contribute to our BeGreen initiative with effective and practical approaches and help us reach or goal to become climate-neutral.
- You report directly to our executive board and are responsible for preparing presentations and reports of your results for our parent company Bertelsmann.
- You work closely with our Human Resources and Communications departments and are able to fall back on existing concepts and structures while at the same time being open to further developing them. Additionally, your area of responsibilities includes leading our consultant committee „DE&I Council“.
- You have a university degree in (business) psychology, business studies or equal and gained relevant and profound professional experience in DE&I.
- Your strengths include agility, intercultural competence and being proactive. You are assertive and have a high sense of responsibility while being able to establish yourself in an international environment.
- Due to your advisory expertise and your communications skills, presenting concepts and measures as well as representing your solutions and strategies is something you are good at.
- You have excellent comprehension as well as collaborative skills, a professional appearance and are highly customer oriented. Additionally, a structured and analytical working method characterizes you.
- For you, KPIs are an important aspect in measuring positive development.
- Given the international nature of this position, your profile is completed by flexibility and mobility and fluent English and German skills.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- An opportunity to push meaningful initiatives in Corporate Responsibility and to place impulses in the development of a fair and sustainable working space
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness, and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.