Director (f/m/d) Corporate Communications
SETTING THE AGENDA IN THE GLOBAL MUSIC BUSINESS
BMG is a global music company headquartered in Berlin with a distinctive service-led business model, which is redefining what it means to be a music company in the streaming age. With a reputation for thought leadership and dynamic approach to communications, BMG offers a great opportunity for an experienced bi-lingual (German/English) corporate communications professional keen to make a difference.
Your core responsibility will be to communicate the BMG difference – with a particular focus on Germany and the world outside north America.
- Being a key member of the international team responsible for all of BMG’s external and internal communications
- Securing German language media coverage of BMG, its strategy, difference and achievements
- Execution of BMG’s corporate communications strategy in Germany and the world outside north America
- Liaison with the corporate communications team at our shareholder Bertelsmann
- Being the first port of call for communications for our Germany and Continental Europe offices
- You have at least five years of international working experience in PR or communications, preferably as a communications role in the music or entertainment industry
- You are fluent in German and English with excellent written and verbal communication skills (both languages on native speaker level)
- You have strong B2B media relations experience and existing relationships with a wide range of media
- You are a confident communicator with strong people skills and bring an exceptional attention to details
- You are a diplomatic, service orientated team player, and your pro-active working attitude is suitable for a fast-paced international business environment
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- An opportunity to be a part of an agenda-setting corporate comms team
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like an office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG job ticket, a Headspace membership, Work from Home regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
(BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.)
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job.
Please feel free to apply in either German or English.
Unternehmen: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT GmbH – Corporate
Job ID: 261623
Date: Jun 26, 2023
Location: Berlin, BE, DE, 10117