Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
#WeAreBMG & #WeAreHiring!
The Royalty, Income Tracking, and Audit team at BMG is a lynchpin of BMG’s mission to offer fair and transparent service to our portfolio of artists.
As data becomes increasingly vital in the music industry, we process billions of income data lines from streaming and sales to ensure our artists receive their rightful earnings. We’re seeking a talented Director of Analytics UK to drive our analytics capabilities, manage a team of junior analysts, and deliver technical solutions that streamline operations and support our exponential data growth. Join us in shaping the future of music analytics!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Proactively address inbound analytics requests, prioritizing and delivering them in a timely manner.
- Define and execute our analytics and technology strategy.
- Introduce new technologies and provide training to junior analysts on their usage.
- Collaborate closely with international colleagues, fostering a unified global approach with no duplication of work.
- Supply tooling and technologies to enhance Revenue Assurance teams’ income collection capabilities.
- Drive advanced data analysis, utilizing algorithmic and machine learning approaches to gain deeper insights into business performance.
- Take a key role in building our Looker reporting suite, ensuring data accuracy and immaculate quality.
Who You Are
- Experience working in a data-focused or analytics role in the music industry.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis and storytelling.
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis methods and strategies.
- Advanced working knowledge with BI solutions (Looker/Tableau/Power BI, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of SQL and Python.
- Advanced experience of using a cloud-based platform.
- Understanding of code deployment/version control via GIT.
- Ability to explain complex technical information in a way that others can understand.
- Confident to present findings to clients or senior management, comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with key stakeholders to gain in-depth understanding of the needs of data consumers.
- “The devil is in the detail” is not just a phrase for you, but you actually apply this as a motto by cross-validating your results, questioning their plausibility, and being persistent in getting the right answers from the relevant business expert.
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker, and problem solver.
- Desire to learn new data analysis techniques and tools, ensuring that BMG’s approach remains at the cutting edge.
- Interest and passion for music and the development of the music market.
- It’s also a plus if you have previous line management experience.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities.
- 6 months full pay for all new parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Annual gig allowance.
- Artist showcases.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Subscription to Headspace.
- Give As You Earn Scheme .
- Excellent development opportunities.
- A fun and sociable office environment.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
Location: London, LND, GB, W21AS