As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. *BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for a Director, Accounting Systems to enhance our Finance team in NYC. With us you can bring your SAP process skills to perfection within the fastest growing music company in the world. Come join our team if you are committed, ambitious, detail-oriented, and want to excel professionally and personally in a dynamic working environment.
If this all sounds like music to your ears, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Lead local efforts of group SAP projects
- Ensure local processes and procedures are incorporated in global project designs
- Manage project milestones and expectations to align with project timeline
- Ensure smooth implementation of new systems and enhancements
- Provide necessary training to local team for new systems and enhancements
- Lead UAT for all SAP projects
- Provide local SAP support to Finance team
- Work closely with internal and external development teams
- Partner with stakeholders to translate business requirements into systems solutions
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Hands on experience with SAP FI
- Experience in project management
- Experience in the design and implementation of processes in an accounting system
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Plus, not a must.
- Experience in multi-national corporate structure
What’s In It For You?
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com