BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Work at BMG
As the Digital Marketing Director at BMG, you will:
- Manage overall digital marketing, social media, online advertising, and digital sales strategy for every BMG US frontline project.
- Oversee digital rollout for each pre-order launch, digital single release, and album release in coordination with product managers, junior and senior staff, artist management, and distribution partners.
- Manage a small team to help execute all social media planning, asset creation, channel management, advertising campaigns, etc. Also hire and manage outside agencies when necessary.
- Pitch for featuring, organize marketing initiatives, and manage exclusive content with all digital retailers and streaming services including iTunes/Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon, Pandora, SoundCloud, Google Play, YouTube Music, Vevo, etc. Heavily focus on partner curated playlists and driving streaming metrics for all BMG frontline material.
- Manage direct relationships with key digital partners such as Shazam, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Musical.ly, Cymbal, BandsInTown, etc.
- Compare analytics from Facebook, Google, YouTube, Next Big Sound, etc with sales and streaming data to make educated decisions on future campaigns and keep the staff informed on best practices.
- Keep distribution partners up to date on all upcoming priorities, marketing drivers, and release timelines.
- Seek out innovative and emerging companies for future partnerships and creative marketing or advertising opportunities.
- You have a high level of knowledge of all social platforms and current best practices for social media marketing.
- You have a high level of knowledge of the leading digital advertising platforms and the various ad units available.
- You know how to create, track, and analyze the performance of a campaign.
- You have a strong passion for new technology and finding new ways to market music and connect artists with their fans.
- You have a proven track record in formulating marketing strategies, giving expert digital advice, and communicating priorities effectively.
- You are highly organized and detail oriented, with an ability to manage a team and multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing and/or sales in the music industry.
- An in-depth understanding of today’s streaming music landscape. Pre-existing relationships with digital partners a plus.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
- Onsite weekly yoga class
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
Please send application materials to [email protected]