Your Mission at BMG
We are on the lookout for a Digital Channel Manager to join our growing Catalogue department.
Our Catalogue Department markets many of the most renowned catalogues in music history from labels such as Mute, Sanctuary, Pye, Immediate, Trojan, Strictly Rhythm, Salsoul, Echo, Bronze, Noise and PWL and with artists including Black Sabbath, Nick Cave, Kylie Minogue, The Kinks, Desmond Dekker, Motörhead, Madness and Fatboy Slim to name but a few.
We’re looking for someone who is always up to date on the latest digital trends, a creative idea’s person who is eager to get stuck in and drive projects from inception to completion.
Your mission with BMG will be to build, manage and cultivate audiences of our labels and artists using stories and creative endeavours in meaningful and effective ways across various online platforms using up-to-date social media strategies and engaging content.
- Demonstrate an in-depth and insightful understanding of the current social media and digital landscape
- Create innovative channel management guides, strategies and social communication plans that advise and highlight what type of creative performs best on which platforms
- Build relationships with social media individuals, accounts and managing agents who are able to offer promotional opportunities for our artists and campaigns
- Build relationships with artists in order to understand and plan creative concepts.
- Determine and apply correct voice, content and branding for each artist.
- Support and understand an artist’s creative vision in order to communicate it correctly across their online channels
- Create social media and digital marketing assets using Adobe creative Suits (Photoshop, after Effects, Illustrator etc).
- Understand the working styles and trends of different genres in order to create relevant content.
- Create new and exciting assets and update pre-existing assets.
- Providing frequent and relevant reporting to colleagues, artist managers and campaign partners.
- Working on day-to-day digital operations, including smart linking, channel uploads, content management, etc.
- Experience with social channel management
- Proven digital marketing experience including developing and utilising marketing avenues for effective communication i.e YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Conscientious, creative and analytical with a can do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercially focused and motivated
- Demonstratable experience in leading and managing SEO/SEM marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns (Google Display network, YouTube pre-roll, Facebook Business Manager, Amazon AMS etc..)
- In depth knowledge of website and Social analytics tools (i.e. Google, Crowd Tangle, Chart Metric)
- Proficient in Adobe creative suite (specifically in Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator)
- Comfortable in both graphic design and videography, with a basic grasp of animation.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2.5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach.
BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds.