We are looking for a full-time Data Engineer (f/m/d) and operational support function for our Central Recorded Royalty Processing team.
You are passionate about all aspects of data crunching and analysis, eager on contributing your own ideas to improve general data flow and keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG. In your role you are instrumental in supporting BMG in its mission to deliver fair and transparent service to writers and artists!
- Drive operational processes of central Recorded and Mechanical receipts processing as well as reconciliation processes between Royalty and Finance systems
- Compile, research, prepare and transform data from various data sources with various non-standardized formats
- General operational assistance with processing-relevant tools and applications such as MS Excel, MS Access (incl. macro programming)
- Develop and enhance processes and interaction with numerous internal databases to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Interact with business owners as well as product owners, engineers and developers, gather requirements, outline suitable approaches and implement solutions for (semi-) automation of repetitive processes
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, traceability and governance
- Maintain and improve quality procedures to ensure the data we deliver to our stakeholders has the highest quality standard
- You have a degree in Business Administration, Business Informatics or in an equivalent field or gained equivalent experience.
- For this position, advanced SQL knowledge is a must while knowledge in BigQuery/Google Cloud suite is desirable.
- Your approach to problem solving is analytical and solution-oriented.
- You are an excellent communicator and able to translate business needs into technical requirements and vice-versa.
- You have a great understanding of process modeling, databases and other relevant domains.
- You are both an open-minded team player who is willing to support the department across the full spectrum of typical Royalty processing tasks as well as a pioneer who proactively suggests improvements and thus contributes to the further development of the relevant operational areas.
- You have excellent English and preferably German language skills (spoken and written).
- Understanding of the music business and its terminologies, specifically Royalty Accounting or Mechanical Licensing is a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Varied and autonomous tasks, a home-office policy and flexible working hours in a comfortable and pleasant working atmosphere
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings, access to Bertelsmann University and LinkedIn Learning
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music including industry veterans who always have a great and unique story to share
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.