Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Creative & Streaming Assistant to join our A&R & Streaming team at our Sydney office!
BMG is the fastest-growing music company in Australia and is proud to be the first music company in history to make the Australian Financial Review’s Most Innovative Company’s List and the 2022 Best Place to Work List. Come and work with an incredible roster of artists including Dope Lemon, Chet Faker, Julia Stone, Peking Duk, Daniel Johns, Ladyhawke, Winston Surfshirt, Dune Rats, CHAII and Hockey Dad.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
You’ll be joining two of the most artist-centric fields in the music industry! Working with the recorded A&R and streaming teams, you will help foster the careers of exciting developing and established artists from Australia and abroad. With no two days the same, you will be applying your can-do attitude across a variety of creative and digital initiatives.
- Assist the recorded A&R and streaming teams with day-to-day requests and provide general administrative support
- Liaise with artists and managers on A&R and streaming requests.
- Collaborate with internal departments including marketing, production, sync/licensing, finance and royalties to ensure all clients’ business needs are met.
- Maintain new releases schedule and playlists and communicate information to the team
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to establish relationships and work with a team and external parties
- Strong written and oral communication and attention to detail
- Self-starter mindset, able to work under minimal direction and prioritise workload
- Interest in music, tech and digital trends
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency, with basic photoshop skills
It’s a plus if you also have…
Experience working in the music, tech or digital industries
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.