Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are looking for a Creative & Licensing Executive to join our Production Music team at our London office!
BMG Production Music is the world’s fastest-growing production music catalogues servicing the film, broadcast, games and advertising industries. The department is sculpting new ways to connect creatives with composers, offering online access to a curated catalogue of around 500,000 tracks spanning all genres, and its custom music division works with BMG artists and songwriters for any project needing a personalised soundtrack. The Creative & Licensing team works directly with these key media clients pitching and providing the perfect music for their projects.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
To be responsible for the development of new business as well as nurturing and maintaining existing relationships with our clients, providing music searches and supporting various marketing activities and initiatives. You will be expected to attend meetings and support the Account Managers with key accounts, as well as pitching the catalogue to be licensed for moving media.
- Manage designated clients, building and nurturing the relationships to a high standard. Report weekly and on an ongoing basis about progress made
- Support clients with all queries including technical, musical and licensing.
- Make regular client contact and (when appropriate) client visits in accordance with personal and company targets whilst supporting Account Managers
- Actively research and bring in new business opportunities.
- Contribute marketing and promotional ideas for client initiatives. Take charge of marketing mailouts to clients with help from digital marketing
- Provide timely & accurate music searches for client music briefs
- Attend all relevant client and industry events. This includes representing the company at industry functions and exhibitions across the UK and occasionally abroad if required
- Increase traffic to the BMG Production Music website using sales techniques and marketing initiatives either new or existing.
- Develop, organise and maintain CRM database, efficiently managing client lists.
- Knowledge of MAC & PC functionality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to easily build relationships with others and an impeccable phone manner.
- Approachable, personable and articulate.
- Enthusiastic and creative, keen to contribute ideas.
- Self-motivator and avid team player.
- Organised with excellent eye for detail
- Interest in production music, film, TV and advertising – working experience in this area is a plus!
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Experience working in a production music company or within the TV media industry
- Experience working with our clients on the production side who include major broadcasters, ad agencies, and TV production companies
- Knowledge of production music/music licensing in the UK
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.