BMG, the first new international music company of the streaming age, is seeking a Corporate Communications Manager to join its Berlin head office team.
Your core responsibility will be to help communicate the BMG difference to artists and songwriters, to our internal team, to our shareholder and the wider world.
Your primary tasks will include the following:
- Execution of BMG’s corporate communications strategy in Germany and Continental Europe;
- Liaison with the corporate communications team at our shareholder Bertelsmann;
- Securing German language media coverage of BMG, its strategy, difference and achievements;
- Being the first port of call for communications for our Germany and Continental Europe offices;
- Being a key member of the international team responsible for all of BMG’s external and internal communications.
- You have at least five years of international working experience in PR or communications, preferably in a communications role in the music or entertainment industry;
- You are fluent in German and English with excellent written and verbal communication skills in both;
- You have strong B2B media relations experience and preferably, existing relationships with a wide range of Tier One German media;
- You are a confident communicator with strong people skills and bring an exceptional attention to detail;
- You are a diplomatic, service orientated team player, and your pro-active working attitude is suitable for a fast-paced international business environment.
What you should know about us
- BMG is a new kind of music company with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters;
- In just nine years we have become the fastest-growing start-up in music industry history and fourth biggest music company in the world;
- Uniquely for its size BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide;
- In our values, our culture and the service we deliver we aim to offer artists and songwriters a 21st century alternative to the established ways of doing things.
- This is your chance be a part of a genuine success story, a growing company with a commitment to creating a better music business – and to promote from within.
The challenge is on. Let’s create a future together.
Please feel free to apply either in German or in English (although both languages are required for this role).