Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Your Mission at BMG.
Your mission is primarily focused on song data maintenance including client linkages, updates to existing songs, basic inquiry resolution, assistance with matching royalty income, and participation in various special projects with an emphasis on the Production Music and Publishing businesses. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with teams located in the US and with those located in our affiliate offices.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Research and validate missing or incomplete song data, liaising with the Production Music and Publishing departments where necessary
- Research Production Music and Publishing agreements to determine correct royalty client for song linkage
- Submit client creation requests to the New Deal Processing team
- Compare and analyze client and song data within BMG’s various systems to ensure consistency and accuracy in song and client information
- Monitor various queues in BMG’s JIRA ticketing system
- Correspond with Data Services team on any open tickets and facilitate resolution
- Coordinate with Data Services teams on requirements for song entry or catalogue ingestions
- Research and identify for Suspense and Deferred accounts for Production Music and Publishing
- You have an interest in music publishing, copyright administration, accounting or royalty services.
- You have a strong analytical aptitude and are comfortable working with large sets of data and spreadsheets communicating the results to various team members and/or inquirers.
- You have an exceptional attention for detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
- You are very collaborative with the ability to be flexible and respond positively to change and new ideas.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com