Join BMG’s fast-growing Neighbouring Rights team! Since rolling out its boutique Neighbouring Rights service to the wider industry, BMG has signed clients including The Rolling Stones, Roger Daltrey (The Who), Jonas Blue and Inhaler. BMG is looking for a proactive Coordinator (f/m/d) to grow and develop along with this exciting new business.
As a Coordinator (f/m/d) Neighbouring Rights, you will primarily ensure that recorded metadata is prepared accurately and delivered to collection societies, and ensure that the data is ingested into BMG’s systems ready for royalty processing. Additionally, you will be responsible as the key point of contact for a subset of international collection societies, assisting the Manager with developing and maintaining successful relationships for the Neighbouring Rights business.
- Researching and compiling industry standard recorded metadata for all client catalogues.
- Ongoing research and administration for new release recorded metadata.
- Administering client repertoire submissions and collection societies evidence requirements; such as label copy.
- Routine client repertoire health-checks and discography maintenance.
- Liaising with, and processing data from, other shared services teams in a time-sensitive manner.
- Declare client repertoire to societies at frequent and strict deadlines.
- Sending registrations and seeking confirmations for BMG clients directly with all 40+ collection societies worldwide.
- Key point of contact for a subset of collection societies.
- Ensure income is collected and processed accurately for the aforementioned subset of collection societies.
- You have a deep understanding of recorded music metadata.
- You are able to organise and manipulate large data sets.
- Your capability to work in different areas and cultures is very strong.
- You have a talent for organization and the ability to prioritise to frequent and strict deadlines.
- Your English skills are excellent. German is desirable and/or any other European language skills are a plus.
- You have good MS Office and intermediate Excel skills.
- Ideally, you have previous Neighbouring Rights experience.
- Knowledge of digital service providers (DSPs) and streaming services is also a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, home office regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.