BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Are you constantly on the lookout for new music? Are you the friend who is always in the know on the latest social media trends and informing the group?
If yes, you sound like just the right fit as our Digital Marketing Coordinator at BMG, Recorded Music where you’ll help connect a roster of artists spanning multiple genres – pop, hip-hop, rock and country – with their fans online as well as be involved in the journey of releasing a record from start to finish.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about music, social media and the fast-paced world of tech.
Your Mission at BMG
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will report to the department Head of Digital and work side by side with the department’s Digital Marketing Manager.
As the department’s coordinator, you are knowledgeable on the top performing social platforms, actively supporting the team on day-to-day setup for our artists and eager to learn all aspects of the digital landscape as it correlates to music.
What You’ll Do
- Provide direct support to the Head of Digital and managing day-to-day digital marketing admin needs to best serve the department, i.e. updating artist channels, creating tracking links, monitoring fan chatter, gathering key insights
- Devise social timelines, write and proof copy, schedule content / posts and monitor fan engagement
- Collaborate with Creative team on content and provide feedback on copy, design and specs needed for each social platform (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Musical.ly, Tumblr)
- Coordinate social advertising – i.e. boosting posts, native ads, Snapchat geo-filters
- Coordinate boosting social posts and native ads across platforms
- Identify social influencers or work with a third party agency and develop a partnership strategy for our music and content
- Research the latest trends in social media and conduct weekly updates
- Report key insights and engagement across artist socials
- Develop copy for artist emails and work with Creative team on template design/content
- Draft commercial partner scripts (Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora etc.) working with both the digital and sales teams
- Collaborate and manage third party creative and tech developer agencies to execute materials and deliverables
- Create and update social reports throughout campaign
- Develop social advertising plan, execute, and adjust based on analytics and engagement all within proposed budget
- ·College degree (Prior music digital marketing experience a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of current digital trends and the willingness to learn more about the various areas of digital marketing
- Keen understanding of the artist’s voice and audience to best engage consumers
- Passion for promoting music and connecting fans with their favorite (or soon-to-be favorite) artists
- Attention to detail and excellent writing/editing skills
- Organized and a natural multi-tasker
- Ability to take initiative and work well in a team environment
- Experience managing social communities
What’s In It For You?
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
- Onsite weekly yoga class