We are looking for a Coordinator (f/m/d) Commercial Licensing to join our team in Berlin.
Join BMG’s Commercial Licensing team and define the future of publishing and recorded rights exploitation in the digital world! BMG’s small and agile Commercial Licensing team is together with BMG’s Business Development team responsible for optimizing the digital licensing of BMG’s publishing and recorded repertoire globally. The team implements the optimal licensing structure, negotiates and executes key global licenses. The team is also responsible for communicating deal information to BMG’s global teams. A key aspect of this role will be maintaining information on deal terms and share knowledge with stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Establish and execute workflows to implement the digital licensing strategy with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage contracts and other documents in our contract management tool;
- Prepare deal summaries and other materials for various internal (executive) stakeholders;
- Act as key liaison for internal teams (e.g. Business Development, Operations, Finance) regarding contract information.
- You have already experience in a legal documentation, paralegal or admin role.
- Business law (or similar) degree and/or some experience (including university studies) in copyright or IP law are a plus.
- You are a highly organised self-starter and critical thinker with a strong attention to detail.
- You have a strong capability to work across different territories and cultures.
- You are fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
- You have very good MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- A strong interest in the music business and digital platforms complete your profile.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, work from home regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.