We have an exciting opportunity for a Catalogue Optimisation Manager to join our growing Catalogue department.
BMG Catalogue is the fastest-growing catalogue department of any record company in the UK. With a team comprising 45 people, this is a fast-paced department with a wide remit. Our Catalogue Department markets many of the most renowned catalogues in music history from labels such as Mute, Sanctuary, Pye, Immediate, Trojan, Strictly Rhythm, Salsoul, Echo, Bronze, Noise and PWL and with artists including Black Sabbath, Nick Cave, Kylie Minogue, The Kinks, Desmond Dekker, Motörhead, Madness and Fatboy Slim to name but a few.
Your Mission at BMG.
To optimise the availability, visibility and performance of all BMG catalogue, Your knowledge, experience and eye for detail will contribute to BMG repertoire performing to its maximum on all DSPs and beyond..
- Working with Digital Sales to optimise artist, label or brand profiles across all major audio and audiovisual services.
- Identifying marketing opportunities and developing marketing plans for products and playlists in conjunction with marketing and digital sales teams.
- Reviewing artist’s and/or label’s catalogue to identify where repertoire is missing, either undelivered or not available in all markets or services. Creating strategies and campaigns to maximise opportunities arising.
- Using streaming data and KPIs to create better products or playlists and also to identify and optimise further repertoire opportunities.
- Managing ongoing curation and delivery of fresh and engaging digital products: singles, albums and multi-artist digital products and playlists with a commitment to creating exciting new products with regularity right across BMG’s diverse recorded music catalogue. Responsible for all necessary research, clearances, metadata, assets and scheduling.
- Updating the Synch team on undiscovered or ‘backfill-ed’ repertoire.
- Liaising with the Licensing team to digitise products that have been licensed out physically and also ensure the Licensing Team is aware of new digital products that can also be adapted for physical licensing.
- Identifying infringements on our repertoire or artist profiles and liaising with appropriate colleagues in relation to revenue protection and to effect takedowns where appropriate.
- Ongoing review of key repertoire tracks to identify improvements.
- Ensuring the correct internal and external clearances have been obtained for all relevant digital release formats.
- Collating all AV and audio assets ready to be mastered and check mastered files prior to delivery.
- Relevant digital and streaming editorial or music programming and marketing experience gained from working within a leading DSP, a comparative recorded music company or media outlet.
- Expert on all things digital and streaming.
- Ability to work with cross-functional, multi-geo teams toward shared objectives.
- Ability to work with and respond to analytics.
- Team player who sees the clear value in collaboration.
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
- Creative and entrepreneurial.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Interest in wide variety of music, media and marketing.
It would be a plus if you also have a YouTube Certification, but it isn’t essential. Music programming experience would also be a plus.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Flexible working environment
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (Currently virtual!)
What you should know about us.
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
BMG are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. To ensure you are able to do so, we are easily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you require support with your application or would benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.