BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Overview of Your Work at BMG
You will be responsible for various areas of artist royalty administration including interpreting artist contracts and creating contract summaries, developing artist/producer rate models, entering data into the royalty system, calculation of adjustments and the preparation of royalty distributions. This is a fulltime position based in our New York City office and reporting to the Senior Manager, Recorded Music Royalties.
What You’ll Be Doing
Artist Contract Administration
- Review artist/third party contracts, create royalty rate summaries.
- Create contract and royalty rate models per contract royalty provisions.
- Prepare payments due list for Finance.
- Remit statements electronically and via mail.
- Review Royalty statements and data to ensure quality control and analyze variances.
- Collect and enter data from necessary forms required for payment (ACH, W-9, W-8BEN, etc.).
- Clear product and rate calculation errors.
- Create and update royaltors/vendors in both royalty and AP systems.
- Research and analyze rate discrepancies.
- Update royalty system with correct/updated rate information.
- Quantify royalty variance and input adjustment(s) into system.
- Research and respond to client related inquiries.
You are a problem solver who is analytical and detail-oriented. Further, you have a strong client service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to assess and prioritize projects in order to meet deadlines and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working at a music publisher or record label.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced royalty software proficiency.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel proficiency.
- SAP (Nice to have!)
- Record Maestro (Nice to have!)
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages.
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two.
- $500 fitness reimbursement.
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and Lynda.com.
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company.
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music.
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.