Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance team in our Sydney office!
BMG Australia is a 2021 AFR Most Innovative Media and Marketing award winner. BMG Australia’s local roster includes Peking Duk, Alison Wonderland, Dune Rats, Julia Stone, Client Liaison, Dope Lemon, Ladyhawke Chet Faker, Winston Surfshirt, Hockey Dad, SAFIA, Tim Minchin, What So Not and many more.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the role is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of weekly payment runs, daily bank reconciliations, fixed asset ledger maintenance, and completing all relevant balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with suppliers, finance team and other business units to ensure a highly efficient and accurate processing of creditor invoices
- Attend to internal and external accounts enquiries
- Set up all new vendor accounts and maintain master data
- Reconciliation of account payable accounts
- Prepare monthly reporting of cash position
- Prepare all fixed asset entries and depreciation postings
- Accounts Receivable collection review and tracking
- Assist with annual audits
- Support Senior Finance Manager and Senior Finance Director with any other projects
- End to end accounts payable experience
- Experience with SAP
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver on deadlines and work autonomously
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to deal with a high data volume
- Advanced Excel skills are a plus
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.