An exciting Opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvat
We are looking for a Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance team in our buzzing Paddington Office. The successful candidate will be working in a dynamic and busy accounts payable team of 4.
The Accounts Payable Assistant will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the Accounts Payable function through the timely and accurate processing and payment of invoices. The role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate resilience and a level of flexibility in an ever changing fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for…
- Invoice processing (100 per week)
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of weekly payment runs
- Participation in BMG Royalty payment runs
- Ensure accurate posting of payments, clearing of vendors and FX differences
- Vendor master data creation through shared services
- Posting and subsequent clearing of Direct Debits
- Reconciling and posting of AMEX and other large accounts
- Monitor IVS workflows and approvals
- Vendors statement reconciliation
- Monitor AP email accounts and timely query resolution
- Aged Creditors reporting
- Producing appropriate reports on a periodic basis
The ‘Must haves’
- Accounts Payable experience within a similar size company
- ERP & SAP experience
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Resilient and adaptable
- Able to organize a busy workload and stick to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders
The ‘Nice to haves’
- Previous or current experience within the Music Industry
- Educated to degree level
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Passionate about music and want to join the fastest growing music company? If this opportunity sounds like music to your ears, click ‘Apply now’!
BMG is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.