Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Audit & Reporting Accountant to join our Finance team at our Sydney office!
BMG is the fastest-growing music company in Australia and is proud to be the first music company in history to make the Australian Financial Review’s Most Innovative Company’s List and the 2022 Best Place to Work List. Come and work with an incredible roster of artists including Dope Lemon, Chet Faker, Julia Stone, Peking Duk, Daniel Johns, Ladyhawke, Winston Surfshirt, Dune Rats, CHAII and Hockey Dad.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant’s responsibilities will include month end close process, management reporting, tax, internal and external audit compliance for BMG’s Australian and Hong Kong entities.
- End to end management of the month-end and year-end closing processes and reporting requirements
- Preparation of management and submission of financial reports in accordance with the group reporting timetable
- Coordinate and manage the annual external and internal audit cycles including planning, timelines, information management and responding to requests
- Assist with Accounts receivable/Accounts payable
- Assist with SAP and finance projects
- Support finance team with any other projects
- Bachelor in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- CPA or CA qualified
- SAP knowledge essential
- Experience in a similar role
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and to adapt in changing environment
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Proficient excel skills
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese a benefit
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.