Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for developing, managing and driving the Digital Sales strategy for BMG’s UK businesses in order to maximize sales and streaming revenues for frontline, catalogue and international releases. You’ll be building and leveraging collaborative relationships with all key parties across the account including label/artist relation, editorial, operational, marketing, management and data teams. This role will provide a unique opportunity to experiment with your own creative ideas about how to drive consumer behaviour in the digital space.
What you should know about us.
- BMG is a new kind of digital age music company formed twelve years ago with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters
- Uniquely for its size, BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide
- It is already the world’s fourth biggest player in music publishing and recordings
- Our ambitions are not satisfied yet!
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Working with and across internal teams, artists/managements and other content specialists for frontline recordings for international and domestic repertoire
- Responsible for ensuring the best YouTube set up for the artists we work with, managing all aspects of channel management including: ideation, content programming, posting, community, metadata optimization and audience management as well as monetization, together with our Digital Rights Administration team
- Actively pitching and managing the relationship with the YouTube Music teams in the UK
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing team to maximize opportunities & social strategies to grow playlist engagement
- Reporting of insights & trends to internal teams and artist managements
- Providing health checks and identify new ways to market & grow global catalogue priorities
- Managing the creation of marketing assets (banners, info/end cards etc.) with the creative team
- 2-5 years of relevant experience working with Youtube
- Experience of working with and managing creative talent and their managements
- Open, collaborative and supportive
- Passionate YouTube and/or digital platform expert with detailed knowledge about YouTube (e.g. content, channel management, analytics)
- Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure within demanding timeframes
- Strong communicator who is confident to build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of building audiences in a digital environment
- Content creation and video editing skills are a plus
- Working with general music industry related data and analytic tools (Chartmetric, Soundcharts, CrowdTangle, OCC, Nielsen, etc.)
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably with relation to any of the following areas:
- Music and/or creative industries
- Media and/or communication
- Broad interest in all kind of Music
- Media and/or communication
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the request.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.