BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona.
The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business.
Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people – spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul – that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady).
Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
Sales at BMAT
Sales is a core team at the BMAT compound of regional managers, business vice-presidents, and executive directors. Its dynamic is very open, co-operative and no hierarchical. We understand sales as a discovery process through which, based on our expertise, we ask and listen our customers telling us about their challenges and in return we advise them on how we can help them tackle those through innovation.
What You Will Be Doing
- Understand the newest needs/requests and problems faced by the Music and Audiovisual industries to propose relevant services.
- Provide accurate and regular forecasts on the UK market to the business development team.
- Define product strategy together with Global Sales management.
- Develop relationships with the industry to generate new business development opportunities for our five verticals – TVAV, Broadcast, Digital, Venues, Charts.
- Spot and answer tender calls.
- Take responsibility for the UK Sales P&L.
All About You
- Minimum 10 years experience in an international Sales facing role within a music and/ or technology company.
- The ideal applicant will have a strong network and a good understanding of international copyrights.
- Experience managing a sales division within Music publishing/ Production music/ Film & TV/Synch is valued.
- Superior analytical and communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Availability for training in our Barcelona HQ.
- This role may require travels.
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexibility on working hours.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Full autonomy of your duties
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry.
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We’ve learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don’t just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones – but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.