At BMAT, we like to sing ‘put the right letters together and make a better day’. Our international team, full of problem solvers and music lovers, work to put the right chords together and make a better music scene.
As users (and we use it a lot), we want it more accessible. As musicians, we need it fairer. And as music researchers, we squeeze our brains to develop one of the most widespread systems to track music and identify audio.
Currently, we report music usage from all over the world to PROs, labels, publishers and broadcasters, so that artists get the recognition they deserve. However, we only feel totally fulfilled when we can sneak a couple of funny jokes while talking about this.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Design and implement data schemas and workflows that unify audiovisual and music metadata
- Knowledge in MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB as database management systems
- Lucene and ElasticSearch are our text-search technologies
- Develop tools to match metadata coming from different sources
- Maintain and operate our music monitoring platform and audiovisual tools
- Reuse and integrate existing services to create new ones
- Support Customers/Pilots needs, fastly design and implement new tailor-made features and innovative solutions
- Clear communication, resolutive and creative
- Think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress
- Willing to travel
- Fluent in English and Spanish
What we offer:
- Full-time job and fixed-term contract
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Social benefits
- Free coffee, fruits and language and computer classes
- Become part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry