BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people – spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul – that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
Sales at BMAT
Sales is a core team at the BMAT compound of regional managers, business vice-presidents, and executive directors. Its dynamic is very open, co-operative and no hierarchical. We understand sales as a discovery process through which, based on our expertise, we ask and listen our customers telling us about their challenges and in return we advise them on how we can help them tackle those through innovation.
What You Will Be Doing
- Understand the newest needs/requests and problems faced by the industry to propose relevant services.
- Identifying opportunities by researching the industry and market trends.
- Defining product strategy together with Global Sales management.
- Sales service to all industry actors, setup test pilots and grow the business.
- Spot and answer tender calls.
- Take the responsibility for LATAM Sales P&L.
All About You
- 7+ years of experience in international / LATAM sales.
- 10 years of experience in sales with a record of quota over-achievement, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- The ideal applicant will have deep direct experience in the music industry and a good understanding of international copyrights.
- Experience managing a sales división within Music publishing/ Production music/ Film & TV/Synch is preferred.
- Proven track record in Entertainment and Tech industries.
- Superior analytical and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Availability for a minimum of 3 months training in our Barcelona HQ.
- This role will require frequent travels within the region.
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexibility on working hours.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Full autonomy of your duties
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry.