BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona.
The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business.
Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people – spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul – that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady).
Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open minded and well travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters.
The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
As part of our TV & Audiovisuals team, the PM will be fully responsible for the follow up and roll out of technological projects, according to the departmental business objectives, translating these objectives into concrete deliverables.
He/She will be resposible of planning, monitoring and managing internal projects from initiation through completion ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
He/she will also actively participate in discussions about the strategic positioning of the team and the improvement projects. He/she will be the interface of the team with the Client Managers, and will support them by leveraging his/her support and communication in the meetings with customers.
What You Will do
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship and expectations with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
All About You
- Knowledge of Project Management and Agile and related tools (incl but not limited to JIRA, MS Excel, …)
- Experience in defining business requirements and link with technical specifications
- Experience in process analysis, design, implementation and monitoring
- Knowledge/experience with processes like Change Management, Test Management, Communication, and Handover to Operation.
- Team player, Added-value mindset
- Self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
Bachelor’s degree desirable in Telecommunications, Computer Science or similar.
Fluent in English and German. Spanish is a plus
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job – 1 year contract – With possibility to be extended
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Flat hierarchy
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruits
- English, Spanish, French and Catalan classes
- Wide range of online and onsite courses
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools
- Free beers and snacks on Friday afternoon’s Jam sessions
- Becoming part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry