Group Copyright and Data Manager for Blue Raincoat Music & Chrysalis Records
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Copyright & Data manager to join the Blue Raincoat Chrysalis team as an integral part of our record label, publishing company and management areas.
We are looking for someone with good organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to be flexible to cope with the changing nature of demands and projects.
Based in our West London office and working directly with our General manager, the Copyright & Data Manager will be responsible for overseeing all copyright metadata for our labels and the registration of songs for our publishing company. Knowledge of PPL/Neighbouring Rights, PRS/Performing collection societies is advantageous.
This is a new role arising from the fast growth of the business. It’s an exciting and challenging role, working not only with our team but also as a key contact with our major external partners.
- Ensuring the metadata and song writing/publishing details meet the current standard required by Blue Raincoat and its Partners
- Liaise with our partners to manage timely set-up and delivery of metadata release information (label copy/pack shot/audio etc.) for our new releases
- Liaise with our partners to answer any data queries
- Undertaking data clean-up across our labels catalogue
- Investigating data for the labels historical artist and releases (both audio and visual)
- Liaise with our Neighbouring Rights agent, ensuring our copyrights are being claimed and collected
- Liaise with our publishing administrator, ensuring our songs are being registered correctly
- Liaise with our management team, ensuring our songs are being registered correctly
- The main point of contact and providing excellent service to our distributor and administration partners
- Good understanding of the music industry, with experience in the copyright area
- Experience of working with metadata
- Experience in tagging music
- Knowledge of how the recorded music business works – record label, publishing, neighbouring and ancillary rights
- Ability to be persuasive when needed, and be able to gain the trust of our partners
- Immaculate attention to detail, the ability to think on your feet and be a natural relationship builder
- IT literate (advanced Excel is essential)
- Flexible and adaptable in handling conflicting priorities
- Proactive approach with a willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal skills
We are committed to social justice and equal opportunities and we would encourage you to submit an application whatever your ethnic or social background, disability, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs.
Salary £27,000 – £30,000 pa depending on experience.
Email CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications 14th May.