An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Royalties Assistant to join the Blue Raincoat Chrysalis team as an integral part of our record label, publishing and management companies.
Based in our London office and working directly with our Senior Operations manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of royalty administration, primarily for Chrysalis Records and Blue Raincoat Songs, along with providing ad-hoc assistance with our management division, Blue Raincoat Artists.
This is a newly created position, arising from the fast growth of the business. It’s an exciting and challenging role, working not only with our team but also as a key contact with our major external partners. We are looking for someone with good organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to work as part of a team.
Key duties and skills:
- Overseeing all aspects of royalty accounting for Chrysalis Records and Blue Raincoat Songs
- An understanding of record and publishing agreements is essential
- Analysing all incoming royalty statements received from distributors and other third parties.
- Processing and reconciling all incoming royalty statements into the system in a timely fashion
- Ensuring all new release products and song publishing information are updated in the royalty system
- Preparing and producing a royalty payment schedule for review/approval, along with corresponding journals
- Preparation and distribution of quarterly and semi-annual royalty statements
- Investigating and answering any royalty queries which arise from distributions in a timely fashion
- Undertaking data clean-up, working with our Copyright and Data Manager
- Taking responsibility as the main point of contact and providing excellent service to our artists, writers and administration partners
- A minimum of 2 years-experience in royalties support (either records or publishing)
- Experience with royalty accounting software (Backlash Solutions SR1 advantageous)
- A high level of numeracy, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and manage your workload and working to deadlines
- Immaculate attention to detail, the ability to think on your feet and be a natural relationship builder
- IT literate (intermediate to advanced Excel is essential)
- Knowledge of how the recorded music business works – record label, publishing, neighbouring and ancillary rights
- Flexible and adaptable in handling conflicting priorities
- Proactive approach with a willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal skills
We are committed to social justice and equal opportunities and we would encourage you to submit an application whatever your ethnic or social background, disability, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs.