Blue Note Entertainment Group is seeking experienced Talent Buyers to join our team and program shows at one or more of our venues.
In addition to the iconic Blue Note Jazz Clubs (New York, Napa, Hawaii, Milan, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Rio & Sao Paolo), Blue Note also programs Sony Hall (NY), the Howard Theatre (DC) and promotes shows in other venues throughout the country.
We are looking for individuals to complement our team with a wide range of experience in all genres of music including EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, Pop, R&B, Americana, Country, World, Blues, Jazz, Broadway and more.
Talent buyer will either be assigned to a specific venue or hired to book shows across multiple venues.
- Build and maintain relationships with artist representatives including agents, managers and record labels
- Submit offers & negotiate deals with artist representatives
- Maintain internal booking calendars
- Coordinate all confirmed show details with Marketing & Ticketing Departments
- Communicate with House Management and Production Staff
- Conduct weekly meetings with Director of Marketing
- Forecast reporting & pro-forma’s
- Attend conference, festivals, and other industry networking events
- Strong relationships with talent agencies
- 5+ years as a talent buyer, booking agent or related position in the music industry
- Strong Communication skills
- Must be willing to work long hours.
- Maintain office hours in addition to covering shows when necessary
- Must be able to travel when necessary
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Location: New York
About Blue Note Entertainment Group
Founded in 1981, Blue Note Entertainment Group is a multi-faceted entertainment company that owns, operates, licenses and/or programs Blue Note Jazz Clubs worldwide, including New York, NY; Tokyo, Japan; Milan, Italy; Waikiki, Hawaii; Beijing & Shanghai, China; Napa, California; and Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo, Brazil. The company also owns and operates Sony Hall. Additionally, the company programs the Regattabar Jazz Club (Cambridge, MA) and Blue Note-branded concerts in Miami. Blue Note Entertainment Group presents shows outside of its club network. The annual Blue
Note Jazz Festival was established in 2011 and has since grown to become the largest jazz festival in New York City each June. Subsidiaries of Blue Note Entertainment Group include the GRAMMY®- nominated record label Half Note ecords, whose catalogue includes over fifty titles recorded live at New York’s Blue Note Jazz Club, as well as Blue Note Travel and Management Group.