Blue Note Entertainment Group is seeking a highly motivated marketing leader with a music and entertainment background to direct marketing for its core New York venues: Highline Ballroom, Blue Note Jazz Club New York, and its new venue Sony Hall.
Responsible to the VP of Strategic Marketing, this Director of Marketing position is a rare opportunity to lead a dynamic team of key marketing support staff in driving show/event marketing and ticket sales efforts for four iconic NYC music venues.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop and execute detailed marketing plans to maximize ticket sales for shows/venue events.
- Lead brainstorming, ideation and communication (in conjunction with internal teams and proactive outreach to artist management, record labels and other stakeholders.);
- Develop plans and programs to identify and target demographics for shows across a wide range of marketing platforms (including owned, paid, earned media platforms, partnerships, web, social media, PR, etc);
- Manage programs from start to finish; and lead cross-functional teams to implement and analyze programs (including data analysis to inform current and future marketing strategies).
- Supervise marketing department support staff and delegation of day-to-day work requirements among various roles (Marketing Manager, Publicist, Art Director, Marketing Admin, etc).
- Manage marketing workflow and track progress and performance to ensure assigned day-to-day work is completed correctly and by deadlines.
- Direct the creation of effective and cost efficient marketing collateral/creative assets for shows across all venues in coordination with Art Directors. Including but not limited to posters, print flyers, digital banners, ads, etc.
- Lead all digital marketing efforts and strategy including but not limited to curation of venue website content (to support marketing/sales priorities), creation and deployment of weekly email CRM marketing strategy, management of third-party digital advertising agency and associated digital paid media strategies to generate ticket sales, among other tasks.
- Manage all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Lead development of messaging calendar across venues.
- Create and maintain relationships with third-party partners to provide promotion of events.
- Identify and exploit opportunities for strategic trade-in-kind with various partners.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships related to marketing activities including but not limited to independent digital marketing firms, PR firms, printers, etc as well negotiate media buying plans/contracts with advertising partners where applicable.
- Develop efforts for strategic marketing for shows/events to target customers outside of the music marketing space, with a focus on tourism/travel customers, hospitality through various partnerships implementation, promotional campaigns, with a wide range of third-party stakeholders (including tourism boards, tour operators, hotel concierge/marketing departments, etc).
- Work with Executive Chefs and venue General Managers to exploit marketing opportunities for various F&B offerings/attractions.
- Daily collaboration and communication with Talent Buying team on marketing strategies and progress, as well as establishing and monitoring event KPIs.
- Work with Event and Group Sales teams to provide marketing POV on selling venues to rental parties, tour groups, including assets for sales collateral.
- Strategize and research new marketing trends and best practices to apply to venue shows, events.
- Collaborate with VP Strategic Marketing on broader branding efforts for venues, brand partnership fulfillment/execution, and strategy for venue marketing execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4-year) Marketing/ Business Communications, PR Preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of strategic marketing tactics, promotions, advertising, digital marketing, media buying, social media strategy, PR, and associated best practices.
- Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of the music industry and artist demographics a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and foster relationships
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to professionally present marketing concepts and strategies to stakeholders.
- Experience working with and creating budgets
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect information, establish facts and implement innovative solutions.
- High level of motivation, along with an ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience with CMS platforms such as WordPress and HTML knowledge is a Plus
- Strong computer skills in MS Office: word processing, spreadsheets and PowerPoint – in both Mac and PC work environments.
- Full Time, 11am – 7pm (Monday – Friday)
Resumes/applications should be submitted to email@example.com with the title Director of Marketing.