The Marketing Manager for Blue Engine Records, Jazz at Lincoln Center’s in-house record label, is responsible for devising and executing marketing plans for all Blue Engine Records releases.
The Marketing Manager will conceive and implement tiered audience engagement strategies from acquisition through conversion that drive maximal engagement and meet or exceed revenue and consumption goals.
Success hinges on an understanding of the need for multiple touchpoints with any potential audience member and the ability to deploy traditional and innovative marketing tools and techniques in service of converting existing and future jazz fans. The ideal candidate has experience marketing a variety of cultural products in myriad of ways and balancing multiple projects at a time.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Blue Engine Records Assistant Director and Assistant—as well as the Brand, Sales, and Marketing Director and Vice President—to expand the audience for Blue Engine releases.
- Creating full-life cycle marketing plans for each Blue Engine project.
- Working with the Blue Engine and Creative teams to develop digital and video content that engages new and existing audiences of Blue Engine records.
- Drafting and executing media strategies for digital and print campaigns.
- Managing relationships with vendors—such as digital agencies, out-of-home advertisers, and street teams—as needed.
- Conducting needs assessments, peer and user research, and market analysis to inform product development and strategy.
- Staying current on digital trends and reporting on qualitative and quantitative data findings.
- Taking an active role in all Blue Engine Records activities—such as mailings, events, and other promotional efforts—as directed.
- Earning buy-in and taking input from other JALC stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of three years of digital marketing experience in music, arts, education, or media sector, or at an agency.
- Experience successfully marketing products or events with a range of available resources.
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads platforms (2-3 years).
- Proficiency in website analytics and conversion rate optimization (Google Analytics, A/B testing).
- A discerning eye for design and video that engages audiences.
- Ability to balance and complete multiple tasks against tight deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Digital native with an interest in marketing.
- Basic knowledge of jazz preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation time, medical, dental, a defined contribution plan and deferred compensation plans.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Marketing Manager, Blue Engine Records in the subject line. Jazz at Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer