Blokur is a platform that helps musicians and music companies get paid what they should, when they should.
We are a curious, diverse and creative team representing seven countries and counting. And our users represent 70% of music publishing revenue.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Blokur is seeking an energetic and creative Head of Business Development (fixed term maternity cover) to drive and own our relationships with the music publishing community. Here’s why you should consider us:
- You’ll be right at the heart of decision-making and strategy as Blokur continues to engage the music community in its mission to help creators get paid what they should, when they should.
- You’ll have the opportunity to apply your music expertise and network in a fast-paced tech environment and influence what products we build.
- As Head of Business Development you will own a key pillar of Blokur’s future success and create a long list of achievements to be proud of.
This opportunity is a 12-month fixed maternity cover contract. Our team is growing all the time – we have doubled in the last six months – so there may be opportunities to transfer to a different role within the company at the end of the period.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Proven ability to persuade and influence decision makers, whether that be over the phone, by email, or in-person
- An understanding of the copyright and licensing challenges faced by music publishers, songwriters and digital services
- Passion for learning and doing new things
- Belief in the value of creators and creativity
- Capacity to balance the 1000ft view needed for planning and strategy with the processes and habits required to execute
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Generous family leave
- Flexible working
- An opportunity to make your mark in a fast-growing start-up re-imagining the way that creators get paid