Blokur is a platform that helps musicians and music companies get paid what they should, when they should. We are a curious, diverse and creative team representing seven countries and counting, with offices in London and Nashville.
And our users represent 70% of music publishing revenue.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Blokur is seeking a people-person with a passion for music to help grow and maintain our base of music publisher and music clients
Here’s why you should consider us:
- You’ll be right at the heart of the action, with responsibility for signing up new clients to the platform as we continue to engage the music community in our mission to help creators get paid what they should, when they should.
- You’ll have the opportunity to apply your music expertise and network in a fast-paced tech environment and influence what products we build.
- As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for a key pillar of Blokur’s future success and create a long list of achievements to be proud of.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Manager, Marketing Associate and CEO to develop and execute a plan to sign up music publisher and music user customers to the Blokur platform
- Work closely with the Customer Success Manager to develop and implement systems and processes to ensure successful client relationships throughout the customer lifecycle from first meeting to after care and support
- Research, pitch and engage clients by email, phone and in-person
- Help Blokur’s product team to understand client requirements and to develop new feature ideas to help Blokur deliver maximum value to users
- Provide senior management with industry reports, board reports and market and target research
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Proven ability to persuade and influence decision makers, whether that be over the phone, by email, or in-person
- An understanding of the copyright and licensing challenges faced by music publishers, songwriters and digital services
- Passion for learning and doing new things
- Belief in the value of creators and creativity
- Ability to work autonomously and take the initiative
- Collaborative mind-set
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Generous family leave
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- An opportunity to contribute to success in a fast-growing start-up re-imagining the way that creators get paid