We are Blackstar Agency. We specialise in building innovative campaigns for artists and brands providing services such as campaign management, digital marketing, social management, asset creation & creative direction with team members across the UK & US markets.
We are looking for a new person to join our multidisciplinary creative team which is made up of diverse skillsets with work spanning across artwork design, video editing, animation, AR filters, creative direction, photo editing, content capture and much more.
Our range of services is designed to be both innovative and flexible to best suit the needs of the project. Our clients include Sony Music, Parlophone, Universal Music, Polydor, Island Records, AWAL, BMG, EMI, Ignition, Cooking Vinyl, Virgin Records, Decca and many more.
We are looking for a Junior/Midweight Designer to join our Creative Department, to work alongside our team of designers. The candidate would join us in supporting and working across current and future projects, which require a broad range of skill sets with a focus on digital content.
You will be involved in creating fitting and beautiful content across our roster, as well as taking on bespoke projects from our external client base.
At BSA we work collaboratively across all sides of the company, whether you play an active role on the project or not.
We celebrate each person’s strengths and personal interests in order to support growth, generate creative ideas and bring a personal touch into everything we do.
- Working closely with the Creative team and fellow departments for asset creation and idea generation
- Liaise with members of the team to conceptualise visuals based on campaign requirements
- Able to adapt visual language based on clients creative direction
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for project visuals across multiple platforms.
- Able to interpret briefs and meet required specs
- Respond quickly to amendment requests
- Take lead or assist with video and photoshoots in studio or location
- Providing creative ideas and guidance
- Knowledge of design and graphic design principals
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Passion for music and design
- Aware of current trends
Great communication skills and confidence when collaborating and working in a team
- Great problem solver
- Great attention to detail, able to read and understand briefs and think independently when working and developing ideas
- A well-rounded skill set
- Enthusiasm to learn new skill sets
- Fluent in the Adobe Suite – Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects (InDesign and Illustrator a bonus)
- A keen eye for design fundamentals
- A strong sense of initiative
- An understanding of what makes a successful asset for social media.
- Knowledge of camera, studio and audio equipment (bonus)
- Knowledge of using Spark AR (bonus)
- Knowledge how to use Blender (bonus)
Graduates are welcome and all skill levels and experiences are equally considered.
How to Apply
Please send your portfolio/reel alongside your CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Monday 16th January 2023, with “Designer – Blackstar” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
Equity & Inclusion Matters To Us
BIY are committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. We believe in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry.