Be part of something special.
Black Box is a leading music marketing and artist development agency, founded by Livia Tortella (Warner Bros. Records, Atlantic Records, Def Jam) and principled by established major label veterans. Over the company’s 5+ year tenure, Black Box has participated in the success of hundreds of artists from the development of major-label superstars to healthy independent career artists, fostering a business of sustainable growth, year-over-year.
With over a half a decade in and a relentless pursuit to build the premier modern agency for the future, Black Box continues to extend our creative footprint with a serious commitment to creative development.
By design, Black Box is a boutique organization, built to support the growth of our young talent, create upward mobility paths, and establish leaders in the music business. We have a dynamic team culture and an attitude built from an unwavering passion in artist empowerment, development and service.
Under the record label division, Black Box seeks to hire an Art Director to support the creative needs of the agency and label.
If you are excited about music, have great creative instincts, love working with artists, and thrive on connecting with others as part of a growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to hear from you.
- Ability to project manage creative assignments across a network of contractors
- Maintain an active list and network of creatives
- Generate clear visual ideas and concepts in tandem with the marketing team
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and best practices
- Creation of visual guides
- Participation in meetings with artists and clients including our tentpole Creative Kick-Off meeting with new clients
- Creation of Instagram filters
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven working experience as an Art Director
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout, print production, image selection, and package design
- Advanced use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design applications
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio across different artist styles
- Ability to incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Basic web design and development capabilities. Ability to build a Squarespace, WordPress, or Wix site from start to finish