Be part of something special.
Black Box is a leading music marketing and artist development agency, founded by Livia Tortella (Warner Bros. Records, Atlantic Records, Def Jam) and principled by established major label veterans. Over the company’s 5+ year tenure, Black Box has participated in the success of hundreds of artists from the development of major-label superstars to healthy independent career artists, fostering a business of sustainable growth, year-over-year.
With over a half a decade in and a relentless pursuit to build the premier modern agency for the future, Black Box continues to extend our creative footprint with a serious commitment to artist development and the modern music business.
By design, Black Box is a boutique organization, built to support the growth of our young talent, create upward mobility paths, and establish leaders in the music business. We have a dynamic team culture and an attitude built from an unwavering passion in artist empowerment, development and service.
Under the record label division, Black Box seeks to hire a Label Manager to oversee the full operations of the label. If you are excited about music, have great creative instincts, love working with artists, have great relationships, and thrive on connecting with others as part of a growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to hear from you.
- Management and oversight of all aspects of the boutique record label (digital production and delivery, timelines, marketing plans, DSP relations, creative)
- Build, maintain and develop industry relationships with new and existing partners and contacts (DSPs, gatekeepers, managers, etc.)
- Management of budgets across A&R, marketing, promotion, production and ancillary business
- Focus on growth of general label revenue streams and all ancillary commercial opportunities
- Seek out and discover new music and talent opportunities, and act as an ambassador for the label
- Work in close connection to the Black Box agency and Orchard distribution
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in the music business at a record label, management, or publishing company
- Relationships with DSP and other music industry executives
- Ability to judge and creatively distinguish music and content
- Discipline to deadlines and due dates
- Results-driven and entrepreneurial
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, and independently motivated
- Passion for the job